As we are approaching slooowly toward the end of winter (I can’t wait), this ginger soup would help you survive these extreme cold temperatures that we have been experiencing in Toronto! The ginger gives a kick to it that I particularly like. I also like to add butternut squash to my soup to get a velvety texture. Also, by roasting the pumpkin you cut down the cooking time of the soup. This is low-fat, full of vitamins cleansing soup that is perfect for winter!Print
A great fall and winter soup with butternut squash, coriander, ginger.
- 1 small pumpkin, cut and roasted
- 1 chopped onion
- ½ tsp of ground coriander
- ½ tsp of grated ginger root
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1 cup of butternut squash
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- ½ cup of cooking cream
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Put some olive oil on the baking sheet. Put the pumpkin on it and roast them until they are soft.
- In a sauce pan, heat some olive oil and sauté the onions.
- Add the grated ginger and ground coriander and stir well.
- Add the pumpkin, butternut squash and carrots. Stir well.
- dd the vegetable stock. Stir well.
- Let it boil for 10-15 min.
- With a stick blender, blend everything very well.
- Add slowly the cooking cream and let it simmer for 5 min.
- Serve warm.
Keywords: pumpkin soup, healthy soup