Have you ever heard of forbidden or black rice? Well, I have learned that black rice was forbidden an ancient China and only cultivated for royalty. Thank God, we can now eat this rice around the world! This rice is rich in fiber, vitamins and has a nutty taste to it that goes very well with any type of vinaigrette.
I added sweet potatoes, tomatoes and avocado to bring more texture to the salad. It’s a healthy lunch recipe that can be made all seasons with fruits, proteins and vegetables.Print
This black rice recipe is a great one to have in your repertoire. The flavours are so rich and you will definitely love this one!
- 1 Cup Black rice
- 1 Cup roasted sweet potatoes
- 1 avocado
- Shrimps (cooked on the stove)
- ¼ cup Cilantro
- ½ Cup small tomatoes (different colors)
- 2 Green onions (only the green part)
For the sauce:
- 2 tsp white rice vinegar
- 3 Tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp hoisin sauce
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Cook the shrimps in a sauce pan on the stove with some olive oil. Set them aside.
- Roast the sweet potatoes in the oven at 350F until soft. You can sprinkle a little bit of salt.
- Follow the instructions on the package to cook the black rice.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients very well to get a nice vinaigrette
- Add black rice, shrimps, tomatoes (cut in halves).
- Make sure all of the ingredients are coated with the vinaigrette.
- Let it sit for 15 min, then serve.
Keywords: black rice, shrimps, avocado