The holidays are right around the corner and this roasted beef in red wine with pears recipe is auspicious to the occasion. It’s a slow roast recipe that would require time to marinate and cook. The marinate has seasonal ingredients that go very well with rice, potatoes, vegetables or fruits. I personally love using pears during the holidays.
How do you make the perfect roasted beef in red wine with pears?
The key to it is the marinate and the cooking time. You can marinate the meat the day before roasting for the ultimate result. You meat will be absorb the liquid and spices as well.
Roasting your meat on low temperature between 300F-325F for at least one hour depending on the size of the meat. This will ensure that your meat get cook throughly. This will make the meat tender and juicy.
What fruits and vegetables go well with this roasted beef?
You can use apples, pears, carrots, sprouts, turnips, beets, etc… Just keep in mind the cooking time for your fruits and vegetables. Some of them may them less time than others. You might have to add them to the dish halfway through the cooking time.
Here are some holiday recipes that you might enjoy as well:
Sweet potatoes and cranberries stuffing recipe
Pumpkin soup with butternut squash and ginger
How to make a quick and easy apple crumblePrint
Roasted beef in red wine with pears recipe
- Prep Time: 4 hours
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: dinner, lunch
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: World
The perfect roasted beef recipe for the holidays!
1 medium roast beef
3 pears (cut in quarters)
2 bay leaves
1 cup of medium size carrots
1 bottle of wine
1 cup of wine vinegar
2 Tbsp of maple syrup
1 cup of water
1 cup of sugar
4 strings of thyme
½ tsp nutmeg
Salt & pepper to taste
1. In a small sauce pan, bring all the ingredients to a simmer except the roast beef and pears.
2. While it is simmering, stir the liquid well once in a while so that the honey doesn’t rest at the bottom.
3. Bring the liquid to a boil, turn off the heat and let it cool down completely.
4. Once cooled, place your meat in a bowl and pour all the liquid on it.
5. Let it chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
6. Preheat oven at 320 F.
7. In sauce pan on medium high heat with a little bit of olive oil, sear your meat all around. Put it in a baking dish.
8. In a bowl, add maple syrup, nutmeg to your pears. Make sure that your pears are coated with the syrup and spices.
9. Place your pears with the carrots, onions, bay leaves, thyme around the seared meat.
10. You can rub your meat with maple syrup and add a two ladders of liquid.
11. Cover the dish with foil paper.
12. Roast the beef for 2 hours.
13. After the 2 hours, let the meat rest for 20 min before slicing it.
14. Reduce the rest of the liquid on the stove until your get a thick sauce. You can add ½ tsp of corn starch to thicken it.
Keywords: roasted beef
A really nice dinner idea!
Amanda Marie says
I love the richness of this dish – it’s amazing!
Magali Mutombo says
Made this over the weekend (my anniversary) and it was amazing!!! Thanks so much for posting!
Magali Mutombo says
Yes! I am glad you like it!
Always looking for new roast beef ideas, loving the addition of pear. What size beef joint should I use?