Lately, I have been trying to change up my morning meal routine a little. I usually have oatmeal with some fruits but I got tired it. So, I remembered an egg recipe that I had in Italy that looks like an omelette but stuffed with vegetables, meats, cheese. This particular dish is called a frittata. Frittata means “fried” in italian.
The distinction that you have from a regular omelette is that it starts on the stove and finishes in the oven. You can use any vegetables from your fridge in it with some meat if you want. I didn’t want my egg to be that heavy so I just used the vegetables and cheese. It’s a great breakfast full of proteins that help me start my day lately. This dish is full of colors which might bring a big smile on your kids, especially if they had a hard time waking up that morning 🙂Print
A great baked eggs recipe for breakfast
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of vegetables (dry tomatoes, peppers, greens onions, baby spinach)
- 1/3 cup of goat cheese
- 1/3 cup of whole milk
- ½ tsp salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Whisk the eggs then add milk, goat cheese
- In a cast iron skillet, put some olive oil on medium heat. Sautée the onions, then add the rest of vegetables and salt.
- Pour the eggs mixture on top of the vegetables.
- Put it in the oven for 7-10 min until the eggs are cooked and the center is slightly under cooked. The heat from the cast iron will cook the center. Place it on a cooling rack.
- Garnish with herbs and serve.
Keywords: breakfast, frittata