I was so excited to have Coach Jama Mahalela in my kitchen for this episode! He is the head coach of the Raptors 905 (basketball team) and a foodie! We talked about his love of food, basketball and coaching. I chose a pasta recipe because I remember when Patrick, my husband, was playing professional basketball, pasta was a big part of his diet.
We were married and living in Italy and I didn’t know many pasta recipes so I had to learn some. Needless to say, I fell in love with the alfredo sauce! I use to make it with crème fraîche, which is much better then heavy whipping cream in my opinion. If you have some crème fraiche, please use it. The cheese makes it so creamy and delicious that you will keep asking for more!
Hope you enjoy it! Buon appetito! 😝Print
This is a great one pot dish recipe. You can put any vegetable that you like. I like to use mushrooms or broccolini with this recipe.
- 4 pieces Chicken breasts
- 1 pack Fettucine Pasta
- ¾ cup of chicken stock
- ¾ heavy whipping cream
- 4 Blend cheese
- ½ cup of grated Asiago cheese
- Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with 1tbsp of salt and a little bit of olive oil.
- Once the water is boiling put the pasta in and cook them until al dente (slightly firm).
- Drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, put on some oil on medium high in a sauce pan. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and put it in.
- Make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through (the chicken shouldn’t be pink inside)
- Put the chicken aside
- In the same sauce pan, put in the garlic and shallots on medium heat. Do not burn them.
- Once they are sautéed (shallots would be translucent), add the mushroom. Let them cook for 3-5 min while stirring
- Deglaze the pan with chicken stock and let in simmer for couple of minutes
- Add the cream and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes
- Add the cheese and stir well until melted.
- Sprinkle them with some thyme.
- Serve it warm.
Keywords: pasta, Alfredo sauce, mushrooms