When thinking of a salad recipe, there are so many choices out there that it is overwhelming. With only three ingredients, you will learn how to make a tasty salad.
I am not sure if it’s due to being a mom of three or just feeling the need to simplify my life now that I am really enjoying making easy and simple recipes. They are efficient and delicious that you could appreciated each ingredient for what they are. I have learned to appreciate a simple salad (literally only the leaves) from my stay in Italy that I was so chocked to get only spinach leaves and a drip of olive oil as a salad…yes, seriously.
If you are like me then you are in luck because this salad is so easy to make that a two year old could make it.
Although mango is a fruit that you usually eat during the summer, I feel like this easy salad can be made anytime of the year.
Last but not least, the vinaigrette does make the salad. The orange juice in it is everything!!!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!Print
This is mango salad that has arugula, cilantro, mango, feta cheese with a classic vinaigrette.
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Mango, diced
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, diced or crumbled
For the Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup of white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup of orange juice
- ¾ cup of olive oil
- 1 Glove of garlic , minced (optional)
- 1Tsp of honey
- 1 tsp Mustard
- A dash of salt
- A dash of pepper
- Put all the ingredients together except the olive oil and whisk it. Drizzle olive oil slowly while whisking it. You will whisk it until you get an homogenous vinaigrette.
- Put all the ingredients for the salad in a bowl and add the vinaigrette and toss everything.
- Serve immediately.
Tips: For the vinaigrette, the formula is simple. 1 part of orange juice and white wine vinegar combined for 3 parts of olive oil. This formula is good for any vinaigrette that you are trying to make.
Keywords: mango salad, arugula