I don’t have a big repertoire of recipes for cookies. For some reason, I have always thought they were harder to make. However, I decided last year to try to make sablés with coconut flakes. They were a hit! I like to make them during the holiday since I already make chocolate cake , mousse. So there isn’t a need for chocolate chips cookies.
This recipe is very easy to make and definitely a fun recipe to make with the kids. These cookies don’t last long when are make them and are great to make during the holiday season.Print
- 150 g of all purpose flour
- 100 g of room temperature butter in cubes
- 2 egg yolks ( 1 egg for gilding)
- 60 g of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 4 Tsp of unsweetened coconut flakes
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl, make a hole in the middle of your flour. Add sugar, salt, vanilla, coconut flakes and the two egg yolks and mix it with a spoon.
- Add the butter. Start mixing with your fingers to make the mixture sandy. Take your time doing that.
- Make a big ball with it. Cover it with plastic wrap. Put it in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and let it get to room temperature.
- Knead to the dough on a surface with flour in it with a roll pin. You don’t want it to be too thin. Around ½ cm of thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter of your choice and place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper on them.
- Put the egg yolk in a bowl with a little bit of water. Use a brush to spread it on the cookies.
- Put them in the oven for 12 min.
- Let them cool completely before devouring them!