I don’t have a big repertoire of recipes for cookies. For some reason, I have always thought they were harder to make. However, I decided last year to try to make sablés with coconut flakes. They were a hit! I like to make them during the holiday since I already make chocolate cake , mousse. So there isn’t a need for chocolate chips cookies.
This recipe is very easy to make and definitely a fun recipe to make with the kids. These cookies don’t last long when are make them and are great to make during the holiday season.Print
How to make crunchy sablés with coconut flakes
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1h 12 min
- Total Time: 1h 22 min
- Yield: 15 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: european
- 150 g of all purpose flour
- 100 g of room temperature butter in cubes
- 2 egg yolks ( 1 egg for gilding)
- 60 g of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 4 Tsp of unsweetened coconut flakes
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl, make a hole in the middle of your flour. Add sugar, salt, vanilla, coconut flakes and the two egg yolks and mix it with a spoon.
- Add the butter. Start mixing with your fingers to make the mixture sandy. Take your time doing that.
- Make a big ball with it. Cover it with plastic wrap. Put it in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and let it get to room temperature.
- Knead to the dough on a surface with flour in it with a roll pin. You don’t want it to be too thin. Around ½ cm of thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter of your choice and place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper on them.
- Put the egg yolk in a bowl with a little bit of water. Use a brush to spread it on the cookies.
- Put them in the oven for 12 min.
- Let them cool completely before devouring them!
Leave a Reply