This is an easy to follow poached pears recipe.
- 4 Pears
- 2 sticks Cinnamon
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Orange (zest and juice)
- 1 bottle of red wine of your choice
- 3 Tsp of Honey
- ½ cup of sugar
- Combine the wine, zest and juice of an orange, sugar, honey and vanilla in a sauce pan that can contain all of your pears standing up and immersed in the wine at all time. Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- While it’s simmering, peel the pears without cutting the stem. Slice the bottom of the pear to create a flat bottom. Next, you will core the pear by making a hole at the bottom of the pear. You will remove the core through that hole.
- Gently place the pears in the liquid. Reduce the heat to low and cover your sauce pan with a parchment paper by making. Small hole in the middle of the paper.
- Let it simmer for 15-20 minutes. The pears should be cooked but firm. You can check their softness by using a toothpick.
- Cool at room temperature by coating them with the liquid from time to time to ensure an even color. Then put them in the refrigerate them for at least 4 hours.
- To serve : Put the pears on a plate and bring the liquid to a boil to get a syrupy texture. Drizzle the pears with the syrup and voila!
Keywords: poached pears, red wine