The best stew for any season. This recipe works best with fresh leaves.
- 2 pounds of amaranth leaves (chopped)
- 15 greens onions (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 medium tomato (chopped)
- ½ cup of mint leaves (chopped)
- ½ yellow pepper (chopped)
- 1 yellow habanero pepper
- ½ cup of palm oil
- ½ tsp of salt
- 2 cups of water
- Start chopping thinly the amaranth from where the leaves start. Discard the big stem. (photo)
- Wash them thoroughly in a colander
- Put the leaves in a sauce pan first. Keep in mind that they will wilt as they are cooking.
- Add the water and put it on medium high on the stove.
- Add the onion, green onions, tomato, mint leaves, habanero pepper, palm oil, salt. (photo)
- Do not stir at first
- After 5 min, mix everything well.
- Let it boil for 20-25 min.
- The leaves should be tender and wilted.
Add a little bit of water if you see that is very little water left. The leaves should not have water covering them.