This is a great and easy stuffing recipe perfect for the holiday season.
· 2 cups sweet potato, peeled and cubed
· 1 1/2 cups butternut squash cubed
· 2 medium carrots, chopped (3/4–1 cup)
· 4 celery ribs, chopped (3/4–1 cup)
· ½ medium yellow onion, chopped
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 medium apple, cored and diced
· 2 tsp. fresh thyme (1 tsp. dried)
· 2 tsp. fresh rosemary (1 tsp. dried)
· 1 tsp. sea salt
· 3 Tbsp. olive oil
· 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries, unsweetened
Preheat oven at 350 F.
Heat up your cast iron pan on the stove.
Add your olive oil once the pan is heated.
Sautée your onions for 3-4 min until they are translucid.
Add your garlic, celery, carrots and dried thyme and rosemary and let it cook for 3 min. Stir occasionally.
Add the sweet potatoes, butternut squash, cranberries and apples and season everything with salt.
Stir occasionally for 3 min.
Cover the cast iron with foil paper.
Put your cast iron in the oven for 40 min.
Check your potatoes and carrots to make sure that they are soft.